- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Dash salt
- Dash sugar
- 1/3 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Thinly sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a small skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, salt and sugar; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 4-6 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix jelly, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with caramelized onion, cheese and, if desired, sliced jalapeno. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forJalapeno Burgers with Gorgonzola
"I added some Taza Ketchup (http://www.greenprophet.com/2013/03/camel-burgers-moroccan-recipe/) to this burger, and it was good"