Italian-Style Veggie Wraps
Yummy! There are so many great flavors and textures in these wraps. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients—use mozzarella, pepperoni or any combo you like. —Maria Simmons, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cubed provolone cheese (1/2-inch)
- 1 cup cubed hard salami (1/2-inch)
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 12 pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sandwich relish or chopped pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1 tablespoon prepared Catalina salad dressing
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. To serve, place a romaine leaf on each tortilla; top with filling. Fold up bottom and sides of tortilla, securing with a toothpick, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 373 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1298mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as italian veggie wraps in Country Woman June/July 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.