Thanks to convenient frozen dough, these delectable breadsticks are oven-ready in 20 minutes. The cheesy bites are so good dipped in warm marinara sauce. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Featured In: 45 Breads That Will Inspire You to Bake This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, mix butter, Italian seasoning and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over butter mixture. Fold dough in thirds over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut crosswise into twenty-four 1/2-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Herb and Cheese Breadsticks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p29