I'm allergic to store-bought barbecue sauces, so when I found a marinade recipe I could use, I tweaked it a little and began using it with chicken thighs. My fiance loves this over Parmesan couscous.—Erin Rockwell, Lowell, Massachusetts
Recommended: Top 10 Chicken Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Mix first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. If desired, top with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Huli Huli Chicken Thighs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p29