Jezebel Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides, beginning skin side down. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute shallot and garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in preserves, broth, horseradish sauce and half of the green onions. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 tablespoons sauce: 380 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 15, 2019
These chicken thighs are delicious. I was afraid they would be too spicy but they were perfect. Be sure to spoon some of the sauce over the chicken when serving. It smells strong while cooking but it is not spicy at all. I used two extra large chicken thighs for the two of us and it was perfect.
Sep 18, 2017
I doubled the sauce as previous reviewer did but otherwise kept to the recipe. Flavor was good, not overly tangy.
Apr 12, 2017
We enjoyed this tasty and easy to make recipe. Love the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. I used 8 thighs, but used the amount of sauce called for in the recipe. I did not use the oil; instead, I browned the thighs in a non-stick skillet. I drained all but 2 tablespoons of the fat instead of using all of it. I also seasoned the thighs and let them sit in the refrigerator before cooking. I used sugar-free apricot jam and freshly made horseradish instead of horseradish sauce to save on the calories. Will make this recipe again.