Grilled Huli Huli Turkey Drumsticks
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min. + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 3 drumsticks to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain turkey, discarding marinade. Place turkey on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat, 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 175°,. Turn drumsticks occasionally throughout cooking. Baste often with reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes; garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts8 ounces cooked turkey: 486 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 57g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2018
My husband and I tried these last night and LOVED them!!! They did take about double the listed grilled time but it was worth the wait. We loved the flavor so much that we want to try the sauce on some chicken thighs, too! Great recipe. Happy to add a new recipe for turkey meats.