Teriyaki Pineapple Drumsticks
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown drumsticks in batches. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover; bake until tender, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, uncovering during the last 20-30 minutes of baking to let skin crisp.
- Remove drumsticks to a platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with drumsticks.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken drumsticks: 360 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 10, 2018
Made the full recipe for 10 chicken drumsticks. Needless to say, there was too much liquid in the roasting pan for the amount of drumsticks, which resulted in too much dipping sauce also. The flavor was pretty good, but not mind blowing. I would possibly make these again.
Nov 7, 2017
where is the teriyaki????
Jan 31, 2016
My husband can't stop raving about these! He loved the flavor and the meat was almost falling of the bone, they were so tender. I am a vegetarian so I halved the recipe but he told me next time to make them all! The cook time is a little longer then some dinner dishes but this worked perfect for a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen.
Jan 24, 2016
Flavor was fantastic and the texture was perfect. On a cold day, it was awesome to have an excuse to have the oven on all afternoon. I added sliced,fresh pineapple to theroasting pan when i uncovered it. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.