Honey Barbecued Chicken
This dish has plenty of taste and eye appeal. It's baked to perfection in an onion tomato sauce that's both sweet and spunky.—Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 each: 473 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Oct 12, 2016
A tasty recipe that my family enjoyed, although not a deep barbecue flavor. The chicken I used released a LOT of liquid, so I removed the sauce and boiled it down to thicken.
Oct 2, 2012
Easy, good flavor.