Honey Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 each: 473 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Oct 12, 2016
A tasty recipe that my family enjoyed, although not a deep barbecue flavor. The chicken I used released a LOT of liquid, so I removed the sauce and boiled it down to thicken.
Oct 2, 2012
Easy, good flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.