Honey Barbecue Chicken
"I love chicken with pineapple, yet I wanted to try something different," explains Carrie Price of Uneeda, West Virginia. "So I came up with this sweet and tangy chicken that doesn't take long to prepare and only uses one pan."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit and juice aside. Sprinkle chicken with curry powder. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides over medium-high heat in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and pineapple until vegetables are tender and pineapple is golden brown. Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Honey Barbecue Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2002