- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit and juice aside. Sprinkle chicken with curry powder. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and pineapple until vegetables are tender and pineapple is golden brown. Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoney Barbecue Chicken
"This is absolutely delicious!! My husband and I both enjoyed this very much. The flavor just pops! Great recipe...thank you whoever submitted this one."