Honey Baked Apples
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 large tart apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water, brown sugar and honey to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Core apples and peel the top third of each. Place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Fill apples with raisins; sprinkle any remaining raisins into pan. Pour sugar syrup over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 7g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 9, 2014
I guess it tasted good. But the sauce is WAY too watery. Nowhere near a syrup. I would add way less water if I make this again.
Sep 7, 2011
I wish I'd made a recipe with cinnamon -- not enough flavor for me. Didn't like how the raisins 'bloated'. The flavor appeared to be in the bottom of the pan. I basted every 10 minutes. The basting was a hassle and didn't seem to bring any flavor. I'll try a different recipe next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.