Honey Caramel Apples
When caramel apple season arrives, we roll apples in salted pecans and drizzle them with homemade fudge. For a different crunch factor, use honey-roasted peanuts. —Cori Cooper, Flagstaff, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min. + standing
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup honey
- 6 wooden pop sticks
- 6 medium green apples, chilled
- Chopped honey-roasted peanuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine whipping cream and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thermometer reads 260°, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; allow to thicken 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, insert a wooden pop stick into the core of each apple. Dip apples in caramel mixture, rolling to coat evenly. If desired, roll in honey-roasted peanuts. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate or store in a cool location until caramel is set, about 30 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 caramel apple: 386 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Honey Caramel Apples in Taste of Home September/October 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.