Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 16-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat; saute apples until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon into pancake; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 429 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 9, 2013
This was good. I should have used my blender to mix the batter and poured it into the pan immediately. I made it as the recipe indicates and it sat around awhile. Turned out spongy.
Nov 25, 2012
Next time I would put in less cardamom... the flavor was a bit overpowering for my taste. Yummy recipe though!
Jan 8, 2012
Everyone was impressed by the dish Christmas morning-as they had never heard of a Dutch Baby before. I was impressed with how easy it was to make- especially with the amount of cooking I was doing for both Christmas breakfast and dinner.
Dec 12, 2010
We love this recipe! It's pretty quick and easy for something so yummy.
Nov 18, 2009
My kids love this recipe! For my college boys it is a must when they come home!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.