- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or process American cheese
- In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, cook green pepper, ham, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; remove from skillet and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over half the omelet. Top with half of the cheese. Fold omelet in half over filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve on a warm platter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHearty Ham Omelet
"This is the best omelet I hve ever had."
"Very impressive looking. I love to watch the expressions on diners' faces when I set this omelet before them. It's as tasty as it looks too."