Amy’s Green Eggs and Ham
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Dash salt and paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and eggs. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ham and onions; spread over eggs. In a saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk, salt and paprika; cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 257mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Nov 1, 2014
Great for an Easter morning or theme brunch.
Oct 30, 2013
This was a really good recipe, however the family is not big on broccoli so I replaced it with asparagus and that did the trick for us. It was really good, will make again!
Mar 24, 2012
I love this recipe, my husband likes it, but my kids are not crazy about it (because of the broccoli). Since I'm the only one who is wild about it, I only make it once a year - on Dr. Seuss's birthday.
Mar 24, 2011
I used this recipe in my Culinary Arts class and the students really loved it! It was delicious! Thanks for sharing Amy!
Jun 8, 2010
Like green eggs I does
Dec 9, 2009
This recipe appeared a few years ago in Taste of Home magazine - I made it every year for my church's Easter Breakfast and have made it many times since - love this recipe
Oct 4, 2009
We enjoyed this dish very much - tho I would use just 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard next time - I also used a four cheese mix instead of cheddar, which was very tasty. As well, I used far less broccoli, more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups, but a bit more ham. Very nice dish.