Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs
Fire up the grill and get out of the kitchen to make these juicy, tasty kabobs, submitted by Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. Whether served over pound cake or over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, you'll be glad that grilling isn't just for meat and veggies.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium peach, cut into wedges
- 1 medium nectarine, cut into wedges
- 1 medium plum, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Pound cake and whipped topping, optional
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruits. In a small saucepan, heat preserves and butter over medium heat until butter is melted; set aside 1/4 cup for dipping.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender, turning and basting with remaining preserves
- Serve with cake and whipped topping if desired and reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Summer Fruit Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.