- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger or 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (about 3 pounds and 2 inches thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Grill steak, covered, over indirect medium or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Sirloin Steak
"We had this delicious steak tonight and give it thumbs up all the way. I marinated the steak for 3 hours with no changes to the recipe. It was absolutely delicious. The combination of flavors gave the steak a succulent taste. We will be using this delicious marinade again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"This was excellent. I did however reduce the amount of ginger and pepper to 1/2 tablespoon each. it just seemed like too much."
"Couldn't taste the marinade on this, but the cook on it was beautiful. We had a nice smoke ring and the tenderness was spot on. I'll have to amp up the marinade next time."
"I felt the marinade overpowered the steak."
"Excellent recipe. This is my go to marinade for steak and chuck roast."