Grilled Potato Fans with Onions
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 35 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 small onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place each on a 12-in. square of heavy-duty foil.
- Insert the onions, butter and garlic between potato slices. Combine the cheese, chives, pepper flakes and salt; sprinkle between slices. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 potato: 302 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 13, 2020
What a great recipe! I prepared two potatoes instead of six, which worked just fine. A new favorite and something I"ll be making often.
Aug 17, 2019
Basically the same as I have been doing for years, except also slice down the middle with a Chef Knife, give a little twist to "Crack" the Spud and then slice crosswise and "Crack" every slice. Gives much more area for fillings. After Spuds are cooked I like to top off with shredded Cheddar or any other type cheese, leave foil pack open until cheese has melted. You'll never try it any other way again!
Jun 4, 2019
These don't have a lot of flavor as is. I like to spice my up with more seasonings. Chili powder is great.
Jun 18, 2018
Great flavor! We cooked them longer because we like our potatoes extra crispy! Delicious side dish!
Jan 21, 2015
very tasty and easy to make