Grilled Potato Fans with Onions
Sharon Crabtree GRAHAM, WASHINGTON Looking for the ultimate grilled potato? These seasoned potato “fans” are filled with tender onions, roasted garlic cloves and savory Parmesan cheese.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 35 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 small onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place each on a 12-in. square of heavy-duty foil.
- Insert the onions, butter and garlic between potato slices. Combine the cheese, chives, pepper flakes and salt; sprinkle between slices. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 potato: 302 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Baked or Grilled Potato Fans in Country Extra July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.