Green Chili Creamed Corn
When hosting big meals, I would sometimes run out of burners. Then I realized my slow cooker could help by simmering corn and green chilies with pickled jalapenos. —Pat Dazis, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 30 ounces), thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until heated through. Stir just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 258 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Slow Cooker Creamed Corn in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.