I developed this bright pasta dish with my husband, tossing in our favorite Greek ingredients like olives, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Try it with shrimp or chicken, too! —Terri Gilson, Calgary, Alberta
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta (about 7 ounces)
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/3 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and coarsely crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add to pasta.
- Stir in spinach, olives and tomatoes; heat through, allowing spinach to wilt slightly. Stir in cheese. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Pasta Toss in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Reviews forGreek Pasta Toss
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review