Gingered Spaghetti Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 353 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 21, 2018
This is a delicious salad I think gets even better after sitting in the fridge overnight.
Feb 17, 2015
This salad gets rave reviews at potlucks and picnics. I omit the chicken so that our vegetarian friends can enjoy it, too.
Jun 21, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.