Fresh Ginger Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (8 ounces each ) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Combine the yogurt, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Pour dressing over carrot mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 291 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 14, 2013
I had an abundance of carrots and decided to try this recipe. I liked it. Did leave out the walnuts because they are not a favorite in my family. I do think this would be fine with some slivered almonds though. This was easy, quick and tasty. Great recipe.