Fresh Ginger Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Combine the yogurt, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Pour dressing over carrot mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 286 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Aug 14, 2013
I had an abundance of carrots and decided to try this recipe. I liked it. Did leave out the walnuts because they are not a favorite in my family. I do think this would be fine with some slivered almonds though. This was easy, quick and tasty. Great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.