- 1 loaf (10 ounces) frozen garlic bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese. Return to oven; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Roast Beef Sandwiches
"I too used garlic texas toast like others suggested. I left out the mushrooms and instead sliced up some red bell pepper. Next time I will double the onion/bell pepper mixture because it was SO good. Instead of Colby, I used Habanero Monterey Jack cheese slices. I'd like to try it with provolone or cheddar next time. The roast beef I used was the pre-packaged kind (Oscar Meyer Natural Slow Roasted Roast beef) and I thought it was wonderful! My only very very small gripe is that I found it to be a tad bit dry. I might try to add a thin layer of mayo on top of the garlic bread next time before I layer everything on to see how that tastes. This was so quick and so delicious, perfect week night meal. We'll make this again!"
"Awesome! Although I was camping and forgot the Worcestershire sauce. Can't wait to try again with it."
"I really liked this recipe. The garlic bread gave the rest of it a nice kick, and I used Colby Pepper Jack because we like a little spice. It was really good, might try with the peppers next time. I disagree with the person who complained that there's too much garlic, I think it was important, especially after tasting the saut?ed mushrooms and onions together."
"I've made this multiple times. It is always successful. My picky eater who doesn't eat sandwiches does eat this!"
"Followed the recipe exactly except for the extra garlic (didn't feel it was necessary on garlic bread). It was very good. The only other change I might make is using a different type of cheese."
"These were simple and very good. I used provolone instead of Colby."