Reports Nena Williams of Georgetown, Texas, "I love to make Garden Saute for dinner parties. It's a fun, colorful side dish seasoned with flavorful herbs."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; gently stir. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 36 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Garden Saute in Taste of Home August/September 1997
Sep 23, 2013
Very good. Spicy.
Jul 17, 2013
I have made this many times, it's quick, healthy, you can use what you have and...only a skillet, cutting board and a spoon to wash when I have it ready!