This hearty chili with sausage, beef, beans and barley is perfect for the half-time food rush. People actually cheer when they see me coming with my slow cooker! —Barbara Lento, Houston, PA
Recommended: Game Day Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound bulk spicy Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup hot chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Corn chips
- Place all ingredients except cheese and chips in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until beef is tender, 6-8 hours.
Stir in cheese until melted. Serve with chips.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Game-Stopper Chili in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews forGame-Stopper Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2017
"Delicious! I didn't have the jarred roasted minced garlic, so I just minced a few garlic cloves."