Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato juice, beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in Cauldron Bread Bowls (recipe below) if desired. Garnish with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 237 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 27, 2013
This is a great recipe! I needed more chili so I browned cut up sausage links and added 3 strips of cooked bacon. I also added drained, and washed one can each of black beans and red beans. I also used for the tomato sauce V8 juice. The entire pot of chili was gone! I also made the bread bowls and that was great too! Will use this recipe a lot!
Jan 25, 2012
Loved this chili, it will now be my chili recipe. Only change would be to add one more can of beans.
Dec 6, 2010
I was surprised by how good this chili was..everyone liked it, including the kids. It's great substituted with ground turkey, too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.