"We often prepare this yummy dessert for company," Ellen Thompson shares from Springfield, Ohio. Just five ingredients are all that's needed for the creamy, chocolate- and peanut-flavored sensation. And best of all? "It's easy to take just the portion you want and freeze the rest for later," suggests Ellen.
Recommended: 30 Simple Frozen Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs into an 11x7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Gently spread frozen yogurt over crumbs. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p31
Reviews forFrozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2010
"Loved it and easy to make!"
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2010
"I made this dessert for a picnic. It was a BIGhit. Will definitely make it again!"
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2008 Edited Apr. 11, 2008
"Oh, my goodness, Peoples! You have to try *this recipe. Recipe-Bot says, "... you can freeze the rest for later." Let me tell you, it took great restraint on my part to put the last two pieces in the freezer... and they were gone the next day. Poor hubby wanted to know where it was when he went to get some... OOPSIES! You snooze, you lose. I'm going on a retreat tomorrow and my car-pool group is the first supper (not the last one ) tomorrow night's meal (our group likes to get it out of the way and enjoy the weekend). I asked my friend if she thought it would be okay to serve this, I got a resounding "Oh, yes!. That was sooo good! That would be great." (We also like 'easy and awesomely yummy', but with little or no clean up', which means that almost EVERYTHING is disposable.) *If you don't care for frozen yogurt and/or low-fat ingredients, everything can be substituted for the regular "rich" stuff. Recipe-Bot, this is one great food. Thanks for submitting it. "