Frozen Chocolate Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls or chips, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chocolate curls or chips if desired. Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut).
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 302 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2013
This pie is extremely easy and incredibly delicious!! I got one bite of the piece my sister took at Thanksgiving before it was gone! I made another one especially for my dad a few nights after Thanksgiving because he wanted more than one piece! Delicious!!
May 30, 2013
Delicious! I used one of my grandmother's tricks. Someone brought store bought peanut butter cookies to work. They got hard and someone was going to throw them out, so I brought them home and used them for the crust. Just process to crumbs and add melted butter, as you would a graham cracker crust. What goes better with chocolate than peanut butter?
Dec 7, 2012
I am a chocolate lover, and always looking for new recipes for chocolate We loved this pie in my house. It is a bit rich (that coming from a chocolate lover) but just have a small slice and it works out great.
Dec 2, 2012
Delicious, especially if you use real whipped cream.
Nov 25, 2012
Yumm!! We love this!!
Dec 28, 2010
This pie is so easy to make! I did have too much filling and was thankful that the pie crust I bought came in a pack of two. I ended up having to use both crusts. From now on I'll either buy two crusts or a deep dish crust.