Frozen Hawaiian Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes2 pies (8 servings each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- Fresh mint and additional walnuts and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine milk and whipped topping. Fold in the pineapple, nuts, cherries and lemon juice. Pour half into each crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint, additional nuts and cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 328 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2020
Not impressive. Very little flavor. If all you are looking for is sweet, ok
Sep 28, 2019
Add 8 oz. cream cheese
Aug 16, 2019
Love this pie! I added half a block, (4 ounces) of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of shedded coconut and followed the recipe as written. Delicious! It taste just like Baker squares Tropical Hawaiian pie! This is definitely a keeper...
Jul 15, 2019
Delish! Just keep it simple!
Jul 13, 2017
Add 8oz cream cheese and maybe shredded coconut
Jan 16, 2016
I took the advice of several reviewers, and added (shredded) coconut, and also 8 oz. of softened cream cheese. The result was just about the tastiest pie ever!! I served it for dessert at our New Year's Day buffet, and everyone asked for the recipe. Thank you : ) .
May 3, 2015
Excellent recipe and so easy to make. I did add 1/4 cup coconut but other than that I followed the directions as written. Everyone I have served this pie to raves about it and requests the recipe.
Apr 14, 2015
Excellent! Like asnunez, my recipe has 8 oz. of softened cream cheese in it. I just made this pie tonight and it's quick and easy. Great taste and pretty, too!
Apr 14, 2015
I've been making this pie for many years now. It's really an awesome pie. The only difference in my recipe and this one is that mine has an 8oz. pkg of soft cream cheese beaten into the sweet condensed milk. The rest is the same. Give it a shot. You won't be sorry!
May 24, 2013
This recipe was pretty easy to make and tasted very cool and refreshing. An extra bonus is that it makes 2 pies, so it's perfect for a gathering! I did make my own graham cracker crusts and the recipe still turned out fantastic! Will be making again, especially as the weather turns warmer!