Freezer Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, gingersnaps, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-in. pie pan; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat first six filling ingredients. Stir in ice cream and mix until well blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Store in freezer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2011
This was absolutely delicious! I liked it better than regular pumpkin pie, so it was that good! Instead of regular vanilla ice cream, I used fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and it turned out great!