Freezer Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, gingersnaps, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-in. pie pan; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat first six filling ingredients. Stir in ice cream and mix until well blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Store in freezer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 4, 2011
This was absolutely delicious! I liked it better than regular pumpkin pie, so it was that good! Instead of regular vanilla ice cream, I used fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and it turned out great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.