Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 4 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir to blend; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture and remaining milk; beat until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into crust. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with the reserved whipped topping and remaining chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 353 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 25, 2014
Everyone loved this pie! It had such a good taste to it!! My hubby loves pie so he's kind of picky about them and he absolutely loved it, so I would definitely make this again! I don't like frozen things, however, so I just didn't do the freezing part! But it is definitely worth making!! :)
Feb 27, 2011
My Mom found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine years ago and it is a family hit! It is rich but tastes fantastic and thaws really well. It's great to have in the freezer when you need an easy dessert.
Jan 18, 2011
This is a delicious summer dessert! I make it often and always receive compliments. I drizzle it with chocolate sauce before serving, instead of garnishing with chocolate chips.
Jul 26, 2010
This pie was ok, a little too rich for me but definitely edible.
Apr 11, 2009
I have been making this for years and it is delicious!