Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 181 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2010
This was the worst dessert I have ever made. We threw out the entire thing. Not even the kids would eat it. It tasted like pumpkin ice cream that separated from the pumpkin and got freezer burn. I have never tried a taste of home recipe that I didn't like until now. Would not recommend and would never make again.
Nov 13, 2009
The ice cream is listed at the bottom of the list right above the optional chopped walnuts. 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
Nov 13, 2009
I have not made this, but there is no mention of ice cream in the list of ingredients. How much ice cream do you use? It sounds appealing, but needs some more info in the recipe.
Oct 27, 2009
This is s easy and delicious. My friend asks me to make this for my halloween party every year!
Oct 25, 2009
This is a very unique dessert. My husband & I enjoyed it. You just have to be prepared for the spices & pumpkin flavor in a frozen concoction.~ Theresa
Oct 7, 2008
My kids beg me to make this every year. It's the taste of fall for us.