This attractive fruit pie from Judy Watson in Newmarket, Ontario is almost too pretty to eat, but no one will be able to resist the juicy whole strawberries and delightfully sweet glaze that fill the tender pie crust.
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup plus 3 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- With a fork, mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside. Arrange remaining berries in pastry shell.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add mashed strawberries and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over berries in pastry. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Strawberry Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p16
Reviews forFresh Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review