Fresh Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place broccoli, onion, cheese and bacon in a salad bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar; mix until the sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 292 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2018
Very tasty! I did not have the white wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar and it worked just fine. Otherwise I made as directed. I will mark this recipe as a keeper!
Jul 21, 2014
Mmmm, mmmm good! I did add an additional tablespoon of vinegar to the dressing and left out the cheese but added about 1/3 cup of raisins and a generous sprinkling of sunflower kernels. With those adjustments, this salad was just what I remembered from years past. So good! Next time I will try it with the cheese - that sounds yummy too!
Aug 3, 2011
I also used cheddar cheese instead of the mozzarella.
Aug 3, 2011
My whole family loved this. I used low-fat mayo and regular onion. I am making this again for company tomorrow and for a birthday party next week. We have fresh broccoli from the garden now.
Feb 8, 2010
I made this the first time on Saturday and made it again on Sunday-it's that good! I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and add about 1/4 cup of raisins.
Oct 22, 2008
Also very good with craisins (or raisins) added!
Jan 23, 2008
excellent salad, i make this when i have to do a pot luck. i use red onion and add the bacon, just before i serve it......everyone wants the recipe.