Fresh Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place broccoli, onion, cheese and bacon in a salad bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar; mix until the sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 292 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
Very tasty! I did not have the white wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar and it worked just fine. Otherwise I made as directed. I will mark this recipe as a keeper!
Jul 21, 2014
Mmmm, mmmm good! I did add an additional tablespoon of vinegar to the dressing and left out the cheese but added about 1/3 cup of raisins and a generous sprinkling of sunflower kernels. With those adjustments, this salad was just what I remembered from years past. So good! Next time I will try it with the cheese - that sounds yummy too!
Aug 3, 2011
I also used cheddar cheese instead of the mozzarella.
Aug 3, 2011
My whole family loved this. I used low-fat mayo and regular onion. I am making this again for company tomorrow and for a birthday party next week. We have fresh broccoli from the garden now.
Feb 8, 2010
I made this the first time on Saturday and made it again on Sunday-it's that good! I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and add about 1/4 cup of raisins.
Oct 22, 2008
Also very good with craisins (or raisins) added!
Jan 23, 2008
excellent salad, i make this when i have to do a pot luck. i use red onion and add the bacon, just before i serve it......everyone wants the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.