Who can resist cheesy pasta hot from the oven? This ooey-gooey rigatoni boasts a homemade white sauce. —Shirley Foltz, Dexter, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Swiss, fontina, mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup Romano cheese until melted.
- Drain rigatoni; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 362 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Five Cheese Rigatoni in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.