Festive Tomato Wedges
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place tomato wedges in a large bowl. Place remaining ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour dressing over tomatoes and toss gently. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 13, 2019
This was a really great, easy summer side dish! The flavors of the sauce were really great and it helped spice up fresh tomatoes. Next time I'll try using all fresh garden herbs.
Oct 14, 2018
I made this a number of times this summer. Delicious with all those summer garden fresh tomatoes. Great and easy side dish that does not heat up your kitchen on those warm summer days.
Sep 30, 2014
Great recipe for my fresh garden tomatoes! Very tasty, will make this recipe often!
Apr 14, 2013
I have been making these tomato wedges for several years and love them. Have served them to guests and taken them to dinners at church and they are always well-received. I can't wait for my first tomatoes from my garden to make these. This is one of my summertime "go-to" recipes for serving up my garden-fresh tomatoes.