Tomato Juice Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 4 small), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Sep 27, 2015
Husband thought it was good. Good way to use end of the season tomatoes
Jul 5, 2012
The best tomato juice I have ever had. I usually make a double (and even triple!!!) batch.
Apr 25, 2011
Just needs the kick of some vodka or gin to round it out. Also needs a kicker of tabasco sauce,.
Mar 7, 2011
it was great