Tomato Juice Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound tomatoes (about 4 small), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 27, 2015
Husband thought it was good. Good way to use end of the season tomatoes
Jul 5, 2012
The best tomato juice I have ever had. I usually make a double (and even triple!!!) batch.
Apr 25, 2011
Just needs the kick of some vodka or gin to round it out. Also needs a kicker of tabasco sauce,.
Mar 7, 2011
it was great