Favorite Frosted Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Decorating sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 445 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 9, 2016
Very soft, moist brownie with classic chocolate frosting. These probably would be living in my dreams if I was still a child. Great, easy recipe for a gathering!
Mar 6, 2012
Fantastic brownie! I often add whipped cream instead if the milk in the frosting makes it super fluffy. Served these at my neice's wedding reception. Everyone lived them.
Apr 5, 2010
These are fabulous! I have made them many times.
Feb 10, 2010
I'm a chewy brownie kind of girl...I thought this recipe was ok but nothing wow'd me! It was more cake-like...might be what you're looking for if you like cake brownies. :)
Mar 25, 2009
These are great brownies. My Family and I loved them.
Feb 9, 2009
This is a fabulous recipe. I have made it many times and made it for other people and everyone loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.