Best Cake Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in flour.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (top of brownie will appear wet). Cool on a wire rack 15-20 minutes.
- For glaze, in a saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Pour over brownies, spreading evenly. Refrigerate 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 154 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 9, 2017
Easy to make and very moist! It's a keeper!
Jul 19, 2015
My aunt sold these at a bake sale. They were the first to go. She is going to make me some. Everyone just loves them.
Aug 20, 2014
These Brownies are awesome!! Followed recipe, wouldn't change a thing.
Apr 28, 2011
I needed a brownie recipe for Easter that could feed a crowd, yet was easy and delicious. I gave this a try and I'm sure glad I did! This is easy, moist, and tastes incredible. The only addition I made was adding 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts to the mix for added flavor. It disappeared in minutes.
Sep 28, 2010
I made these for a family get together and they were the first thing to disappear!
Sep 3, 2010
Excellent! Great recipe!
Sep 2, 2010
I get rave reviews when I make these! Best brownies ever!
Jun 12, 2010
they are so easy to make. they are good too. lynn patch
Mar 22, 2009
The co-workers fell upon this one like a pack of starving wolves. Brought the pan of brownies in at 8:00 AM and they were all gone within 45 minutes.