- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- Set saucepan in ice; stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forFast Light Lemon Mousse
"Wonderful flavors. Wonder how this might work as a cake filling?"
"This is best! We love this recipe, I didn't have plain yogurt so I used a black cherry Greek yogurt and it came out great. This is our new favorite cake recipe ."
"Looks festive, but so sour, makes you pucker! May be good on a really hot summer day or with more sugar!"
"Since my husband is diabetic, I substituted Splenda for the sugar. Turned out great."
"Okay--I'd use sugar free instant pudding and sugar free cool whip instead."
"I HAVEN'T MADE THIS, BUT HOW WOULD IT BE IF YOU ADDED LEMON FLAVORING IN PLACE OF THE VANILLA? I AM A REALLLLLLY BIG FAN OF LEMON AND THINK THIS WOULD REALLY MAKE IT GOOD."
"This is good and easy!! Great flavor, I added all the zest from one lemon, but other than that followed the recipe to the letter. Thank you for a great LIGHT recipe!"