Simple Lime Mousse
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lime juice, zest and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 259 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2010
I've made this several times in the past few years. It's light with a delicious citrus taste. I also tried making this with orange, instead of lime, but it didn't turn out.