Simple Lime Mousse
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lime juice, zest and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 259 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 15, 2010
I've made this several times in the past few years. It's light with a delicious citrus taste. I also tried making this with orange, instead of lime, but it didn't turn out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.