Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cups
Three of my favorite foods—chocolate, hazelnuts and puff pastry—come together for an impressive dessert. Dress them up with a drizzle of melted chocolate and sprinkling of chopped nuts. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, Nutella and cinnamon until blended. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spoon into pastry shells. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 581 calories, 48g fat (19g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Tarts in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013