- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lime slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; whisk in egg yolks and milk until smooth. Whisk in citrus juices until blended; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in citrus zests.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into citrus mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. If desired, top with lime slices.
Health Tip: Save nearly 40 calories and 5 g saturated fat per serving with an easy swap: Stir 1 cup fat-free lemon Greek yogurt into the lemon mixture first, then fold in 1/2 cup heavy cream that’s been beaten to soft peaks.
1/2 cup: 257 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.