Fresh Strawberry Mousse
With a whipped topping, this strawberry treat from Mary Jo Vanderwest of Grant, Michigan makes a sweet, elegant dessert.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Crush strawberries; drain and reserve juice. Set berries aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 3/4 cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; add boiling juice mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Stir in crushed strawberries. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into berry mixture. Return all to the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before serving, beat until fluffy.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 423 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Strawberry Mousse in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006