Light Lemon Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low spread for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and vanilla pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes more or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 161 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 8, 2016
Love this cake! Very light and the lemon taste is just right. My husband loved it too. Will definitely make again.
Aug 10, 2015
One of the best recipes I have ever tried...Love it!
May 15, 2015
Love anything lemon! This is a great recipe...great flavor, a light dessert. Will be making this again.
Mar 23, 2015
Really good taste and light
Apr 1, 2013
This cake is super yummy:) You would never know that its a light recipe! will definietly be making again!!
Mar 29, 2011
I am requested to make this very recipe every holiday. It makes a nice, light dessert after a heavy meal. Very luscious!
Oct 27, 2009
We love this recipe, it has a lot of flavor. I don't do the icing, but instead do a simple glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice mixed together then drizzled over the cake; not as much fat that way. I also bake it in a bundt pan. It feels like a special occasion cake on a week night. :-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.