Fast Chicken Divan
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimientos, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with pimientos if desired.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 629 calories, 49g fat (14g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 14, 2015
Simple and delicious and got both kids to eat their broccoli! I used sour cream instead of mayo, skipped the pimentos, and used fresh broccoli instead of frozen for better flavor. We loved it! The worst part was getting the chicken cooked in order to put it in the casserole, but next time I'll make sure to have some cooked chicken in the freezer to make getting it all together much easier. Definitely going to do this again!
Feb 25, 2014
My husband asks for this all the time! It is very simple and tasty which you can't beat on a work night. The only changes I made are using sour cream instead of the condensed soup with a few spices added like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Then we use gluten free bread crumbs. It turns out delicious every time! Great recipe that everyone enjoys!
Dec 7, 2011
I've made this numerous times, with three guys to feed they always look forward to it. This makes eating broccoli a joy. As a tip serve it with rice on the side.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.