Egg-Topped Avocado Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Spread each slice of toast with butter; place on a plate. Top with avocado; mash gently with a fork. Top with tomato and onion.
- To poach each egg, place 1/2 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup; break an egg into the water. Microwave, covered, on high 1 minute. Microwave in 10-second intervals until white is set and yolk begins to thicken; let stand 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, place egg over sandwich.
- Sprinkle eggs with seasoned salt. Top with cheese and bacon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 313 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 13, 2019
Great recipe for breakfast or lunch! In place of the butter I used a little mayo and cooked my eggs in a skillet. Such a wonderful combination of flavors.....the tomato and onion and a sprinkling of seasoned salt along with the creamy avocado really brings this dish together. If you've got an avocado staring at you from the kitchen counter, make this! Will definitely enjoy this again....in fact, it's my lunch again tomorrow.
Jun 5, 2018
I had some sour dough bread that I toasted for this. Since family doesn't like poached eggs, I placed a fried egg on top instead. Great, easy recipe.