- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEgg and Broccoli Casserole
"So nice to have a breakfast main dish that can be cooked at home, driven to a potluck, and still be hot! It is a bit on the bland side though - next time I'll cook some mushrooms and bacon pieces on the stove and toss them in when I lift the lid to stir. Might benefit from additional spices too - oregano maybe?"
"I had all the ingredients but I didn't have the 4 hours, so I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hour, the last 15 minutes uncovered. We really liked it. I will try it with frozen spinach next time as an alternative."
"Love to serve it for brunch. Just put everything in the crock pot and you don't have to worry about it."
"Loved it. I recommend chopping up the frozen broccoli into smaller pieces. I definitely will make it again."
"This comforting dish is super easy to throw together and tastes fantastic. I did use 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese and everyone loved it!"
"I have made this several times and it is always a hit and I am always asked for the recipe.S. Lynn San Diego, CA"