- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon pizza sauce to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with the sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 248 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.