- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Fresh Strawberry Pie
"Strawberries and jello, not enough interest. It is easy"
"easy and delicious! And beautiful!"
"easy & delicious."
"Delicious recipe. I did the same thing as reviewer nanrev EXCEPT I left the strawberries whole. The slight tartness of the whole berries paired with the sweetness of the gelatin mixture was really good."
"Delicious, I made it this past week for my son's birthday. I made a whole wheat crust and he loved it!"
"There was a restaurant in my home town that made the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. This one was very close. I made it exactly as written."
"My friend gave me this recipe years ago. Every time I made it people love it. Always my go to recipe to take to pot lucks."
"Use only 1/4 cup sugar! Trust me, the jello packet provides plenty of sweetness so the 3/4 cup is not necessary. It came out perfect this way."